Registration Policies: *denotes New Policy Changes beginning June 2016.
2016-2017 DANCE CLASS REGISTRATION - *Monthly payments may be made only by Credit/Debit card pre-
Fees: Registration - $35 per student with a 10% discount for additional child.
New Student Tuition deposit -$50 (to be applied to May (Returning students do not pay this)
Costume deposit - $25 (to be applied to spring recital costume balance due Oct. 16)
Recital fee: $85 Due Feb. 1
Auditions for the The Alabama Youth Ballet, a non-profit performance group, may be made by appointment and
are also held in May and August.
Classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students are placed in classes first according to age, and
later by skill level and by permission of the directors.
- Registration and payment must be complete prior to beginning classes.
- Tuition Payments are due on the 21st and late after the 1st. A $15 late fee will be applied on the 2nd.
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Students registered at the Stevan Grebel Center for Dance are registered for a budgeted year payable in
equal installments from August to May, and are responsible for payments through the end of the school
- Tuition and fees are non-refundable.
- Classes do have maximums to insure quality instruction. Be sure to register early.
- RATES: based on $65 per month for each hour of class per week. Monthly payments are based on the full
year tuition from August-May and 35 weeks per year.
The highlighted color indicates the preferred designated class leotard.
• Creative Movement: Light Pink
• Pre-Ballet: Lilac
• Beginning Ballet: Light Blue
• Ballet 1: Seafoam
• Ballet 2: Mulberry
• Ballet 3: Burgundy
*Matching Burgundy chiffon skirt
*Pre-Pointe shoes required
• Ballet 4: Royal Blue
*Matching Royal Blue chiffon skirt
• Ballet 5: Navy Blue
*Matching Navy Blue chiffon skirt
• Ballet 6: Black
*Matching Black chiffon skirt
- Pink tights and pink ballet slippers are required for all ballet classes.
- Skirts may only be worn for pre-pointe and pointe classes.
- Ballet 1 and above recommended leotard style is Mirella camisole.
- Black jazz shoes are required for all jazz classes.
- Black tights or black jazz pants may be worn.
- Black tap shoes are required for all tap classes.
- Black tights, black jazz pants, or black shorts may be worn.
2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR BEGINS (36 DANCING WEEKS or 10 Monthly tuition payments optional and
based on 36 weeks, not by the number of classes in a month. 10% discount for full year's payment).
August 14, 2017
SPRING 2017 Costume Fee Due - October 30, 2017 and Dec. 15, 2017
Stevan Grebel's The Nutcracker with the ALABAMA YOUTH BALLET and a Community Cast. Dec. 16 & 17,
2017 at Pelham High School
CLOSED WINTER BREAK 2016 - December 18, 2016-January 2, 2017 (except for Winter Workshop Dec.
SPRING BREAK 2017 - Pelham City Schools, March 26-April12
SPRING 2017 Performance Fee Due - Feb. 1, 2017 at , May 27 at Pelham High School
Classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students are placed in classes first
according to age, and later by skill level and by permission of the directors. Register early to
reserve your space in a specific class.
Summer Registration is separate except for the Alabama Youth Ballet, which is INCLUDED year
round by contract.
|Stevan Grebel Center for Dance
Stevan and Deborah Grebel, Directors
2639 Pelham Parkway, Pelham, Alabama, 35124
Shelby County's only pre-professional dance program.
Teaching Dance in the Birmingham area for 44 years!
*ALL SCHEDULES ARE
SUBJECT TO CHANGE. A
revised schedule will be up
Hip-Hop on Sat. 3-4pm,
Ballroom, M/W 7:30-8:30.